Web Developer Profile
- Web developer with strong project management experience on teams and individual projects to maximize productivity.
- Keen understanding of responsive web design and layout principles to enhance user experience.
- Proven capability to complete the web production life cycle from the client interview to launch.
- Libraries and Frameworks
Front End: jQuery and AngularJS.
Back End: WordPress; CodeIgniter; Node.js with ExpressJS and MongooseJS; and Ruby on Rails.
MySQL, MongoDB, and Rails Active Record.
- Web Design/Development Software
Design: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Acrobat.
Development: JetBrains IntelliJ; Sublime Text 2; MAMP; phpMyAdmin; Git command line; GitHub; Atlassian Confluence and JIRA; and Salesforce.
- Microsoft Office
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Operating Systems/Virtual Machines
Mac OS X; Windows; Ubuntu Linux (including command line); and virtual machine software.
A Place for Mom WordPress Developer Contractor
Seattle, WA2018 – Present
- Upgrade WordPress, PHP, and jQuery code to enhance security.
- Extend custom plugins and PHP code to improve caching and speed.
- Migrated existing WordPress blogs to a new web host.
- Developed custom code for WordPress plugins and a new theme.
Microsoft Web Producer Contractor through HCL America
Redmond, WA2016 – 2017
- Collaborated with designers, developers, and project managers to meet stakeholder goals. Ensured that each page met accessibility and localization standards for people with disabilities and non-English speakers.
WordPress Developer Contractor with DeLapp Design
- Developed and maintained websites for various clients. For example, I improved website speed on Avalon Glassworks, a WordPress site.
WordPress Developer on Vitamin T contract with Metiza Magazine
Developed WordPress Site for Metiza Magazine, an Online Magazine for Teen Girls
- Used the Advanced Custom Fields plugin and PHP regular expressions so the client could log into the WordPress admin and paste in Google AdSense code themselves that was optimized for mobile devices.
WordPress Developer on Vitamin T contract with Copacino+Fujikado2015
Developed WordPress Site for StrongAgainstCancer.org, a Pediatric Cancer Fundraising Site for Seattle Children’s Hospital
- Took Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign files created by a designer, to develop a WordPress site with custom post types added by hand and displayed on all pages.
Production Artist/Web Developer with Sesame Communications
Seattle, WA2009 – 2014
*Note: I was a full-time employee with Sesame Communications, a company that builds, hosts, and offers many online services for orthodontists and dentists. Below is one of the hundreds of websites I worked on.
Developed WordPress Blog, Branded Social Networks, and Implemented SEO for ListenbyOrthodontics.com
- Developed WordPress blog from scratch including setting up MySQL database and ensuring that its theme matched the rest of the non-WordPress, PHP website.
- Branded and configured social networks including Facebook and YouTube. Also added Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and meta tag optimization.
- For MP Ministry, created the logo and website design proof using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Developed website using custom post types and Sass, along with BrowserStack.com to test on various devices like an iPhone 4, tablets, and Internet Explorer versions.
- Coding Dojo Onsite Bootcamp, Bellevue, WA
Full stack programming bootcamp including
LAMP (PHP, MySQL, CodeIgniter PHP framework),
MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, Node.js),
and Ruby on Rails.2015
- Web Design A.A. Program, Seattle, WA
Seattle Central College2007 – 2009
- Technical Writing Certificate, Bellevue, WA
Bellevue College2005 – 2006
- English B.A., Bellingham, WA
Western Washington University1998 – 2002