How to View a Website on Mac Using Localhost and BrowserStack.com
Posted on October 22, 2015 in BrowserStack.com, Mac by Matt Jennings
Steps to view a website on localhost (like localhost:8888) using BrowserStack.com on a Mac:
- Download the appropriate executable Mac file on this BrowserStack.com page.
- Open Terminal and navigate to downloaded file which should be named
- Open Google Chrome and make sure you install the “BrowserStack” and “BrowserStack Local” extensions.
- In Google Chrome log into your BrowserStack.com paid account, and go to your local testing account page where you should see an
Access Keyheading with an access key that is similar to:
- Go back to Terminal and run a similar command below but with your BrowserStack.com access key. The example code is:
./BrowserStackLocal -f DsVSdoJPBi2z44sbGFx1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/example/
- After that above code finishes executing Terminal should say that you can successfully run websites on
- Make sure the “BrowserStack” and
- In Google Chrome, go to your
localhostwebsite address, something like
- Click on the Google Chrome BrowserStack plugin button and you should go to a BrowserStack.com page where you can should an operating system and browser to open, like Windows 7, IE9. Choose Windows 7, IE9 and and that browser and operating system will open. Then you will be able to go to your
localhostwebsite, like https://www.mattjennings.net:8888/.